SEED delivers for South Elgin. Along the river of opportunity, South Elgin Economic Development works closely with the Village of South Elgin to promote economic development. Founded in 1998 and incorporated in 2000, SEED is funded in part by the Village.
Recent accomplishments include:
- SEED facilitated Haumiller Engineering moving its operation from Elgin to South Elgin
- SEED helped install three gateway signs welcoming people into the Village
- SEED helped procure sale of a new business in Bowes Road Industrial Park (lot number five)
The result is an alliance which has made it possible for South Elgin to successfully attract desirable new businesses to the community, adding to the economic vitality of the area and enhancing the quality of life for residents. The effort is a prime example of how government, business and community can work together productively to promote and realize balanced, beneficial growth.
SEED’s Mission: Providing Leadership, Pursuing Long-Term Success
SEED provides leadership in establishing and maintaining an economic development plan. SEED seeks to recognize needs and pursue solutions related to the long-term success of the business community and the Village.
South Elgin remains one of the fastest-growing communities in Illinois and Kane County. The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) projects continued growth for the community, resulting in a potential population of more than 25,000 residents by 2020. Although South Elgin has been very successful in attracting commercial development, further commercial and industrial development is needed to better balance the tax base and to provide the services that are needed to accommodate continuing growth. SEED works to attract revenue producing commercial enterprises that will reduce South Elgin’s reliance on residential property taxes.
SEED is also working to maximize the potential of the Village Center and the LaFox Corridor TIF District so that they deliver the greatest economic benefit to the community.
Board of Directors
Marc A. Falk
Chairman | MB Financial Bank, N.A. - Residential Lending
Vice Chairman | Edward Jones
Treasurer | PK Tax Services, L.L.C.
Secretary | Law Office of Judith A. Schening, LLC
Ziegler's ACE Hardware
Marc McLaughlin, AICP, GISP
Director of Community Development Village of South Elgin
Joseph P. McKeown III
IL Dept of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Office of Regional Economic Development | North East Region Senior Account Manager
Kane County Board
Village Board Trustee
Goals and Objectives
- Provide proactive recruitment support for new retail and commercial businesses
- Identify, communicate and support future economic development needs to local government
- Support retention and expansion of existing South Elgin businesses
- Facilitate Village Center commercial district marketing and development
- Support, when practical, quality of life issues for South Elgin residents
- Maintain the highest level of confidence and trust on all inquiries
- Treat the needs and opinions of those the organization serves with respect
Contact SEED to Start Growing Today
P.O. Box 678
South Elgin, IL 60177
Sign up for our e-newsletter